This Sunday February 7th 2010 is the biggest day in football, the Super Bowl!
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Lemon-drop Chicken Wings
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, tips trimmed off
1. In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine vodka, lemon juice, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to dissolve sugar and salt. Add the chicken wings and mix to coat. Cover bowl or seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 9- by 13-in. baking pan with two layers of foil. Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in the pan, and pour the marinade evenly over all. Bake until meat is well browned and pulling away from the bone, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Roasted Pepper Pesto-Tomato Pizza
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (5.2-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 (1-pound) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat oven to 450°.
Drop garlic through food chute with food processor on; process until minced. Add basil and next 6 ingredients (basil through bell peppers), and process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once.
Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread pepper mixture over pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle with mozzarella. Arrange the tomato slices in a single layer on top of the cheese. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle pizza with oregano.
Bourbon Fudge BrowniesServes 20
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Bring bourbon to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Add chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture and bourbon mixture to sugar mixture, beating at low speed just until combined.
Spread batter into a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Beer 'GaritasServes 4
- 1 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- Crushed ice
- 1/2 to 1 cup cold beer
1. Stir together first 3 ingredients until well blended. Fill 4 medium glasses with crushed ice. Pour limeade mixture evenly into glasses. Add beer to taste.
Hope this simplifies your party prep!
Also D&E Casino is offering special prices and attractive male and female dealers for Super Bowl Sunday. Call 1-888-417-2121 for more details.